Friday, April 16, 2010

Due to general incompetence issues and dissatisfaction on my part, this week's show will not be put up for public consumption. This is due to some combination of the following factors:

-The death of Type O Negative frontman/bassist Peter Steele

-Ignorant motherfuckers calling my show requesting sellout bullshit like Trivium/assorted metalcore

-Random people showing up in the studio while I'm on the air, going into the booth I'm recording in, and gesticulating at the sound board in a manner that suggests mischief

-Me misplacing my copy of "Desolation" by Valhom and not being aware of this predicament until five minutes before airtime

-Me forgetting to burn a copy of the new Kalmah album, see above

So the show was kind of damaged- at one point I had to, while on the air, tell people to get the hell away from the sound board in the other booth. I ended up scrapping a half hour of material for various reasons, and it probably all came out sounding ok to the listeners, but I just hate nights like this.

Hour 1

1349- Atomic Chapel
Merrimack- Omniabsence
Gehenna- Bleeding the Blue Flame
Covenant- Towards the Crown of Nights
Hat- Guds Skitne Avkom
Horna- Ukkosmarssi
Enslaved- Det Endelege Riket
Immortal- The Rise of Darkness
Triptykon- Descendent
Aosoth- Teaching/Erasing

Hour 2

Cryptopsy- Adeste Infidelis
The Amenta- Erebus
Napalm Death- Forewarned is Disarmed
Rotten Sound- Mind Kill
F*** the Facts- As Empires Expand and Collapse
Diabolic- Chaos in Hell
Brutality- Died With Open Eyes
+Nephasth- Flames Triumph
+Krisiun- Servant of Emptiness
Bolt Thrower- When Glory Beckons
Hail of Bullets- Liberators
Dark Tranquillity- Dream Oblivion
Hypocrisy- Alive
+Cannibal Corpse- Living Dissection
Aborted- Parasitic Flesh Resection

Somewhere toward the end of hour one I just started throwing stuff out because I just wasn't in the mood for anything that required a more delicate ear or bizarre frame of mind. I was pissed off, but I didn't really want to go for the big guns- though I do always have them at hand, in case I just need to kick some ass.

Something to keep in mind, kiddies: Unca Bob always has the face-ripping stuff to help take the edge off/win stereo wars.

No comments: